Adaptive Climbing Director – Job description
This is a small, entrepreneurial, mission minded organization that is strongly aligned with inclusion, equity and diversity. We are currently seeking an adaptive climbing director to provide training, leadership, and growth to our 9 chapters throughout the Southeast. The successful candidate will oversee our indoor climbing programs, outdoor guiding experiences and aid in the growth of our brand throughout the Southeast. This position involves managing experienced guides, volunteers and individuals with physical disabilities. If you have a strong background in climbing instruction, program design and group management and are looking to make a big impact here in the southeast, we encourage you to apply.
Job Summary: This position is for a dynamic individual who is passionate about creating a more inclusive climbing community.
- Establish and execute event timelines
- Increase volunteer participation numbers through outreach
- Increase participant participation numbers through outreach
- Develop the Catalyst climbing team
- Assist with program administration as needed
- Administrative tracking for success of programs
- Organize adaptive climbing competition
- Provide adaptive climbing training to 9 cities throughout the southeast
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of the climbing program
- Connect with local organizations to increase brand awareness
- Build strong relationships with each of our gym partners
- Lead 4 outdoor climbing trips throughout the year
- Managing all VA grant reporting specific to climbing
- Obtaining sponsorships for events and the climbing team
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Sport Management, Recreation Management, Therapeutic Recreation, Adapted Physical Education or equivalence
Experience: 4+ years of guiding outdoor climbs. Experience working with people with physical disabilities is preferred but not required.
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Climbing Guide Certification
- Wilderness Medicine Certification
- Experience climbing indoor, sport and trad
- Coaching Experience
- Setting Experience
Background Checks are required as a condition of employment.
- Ability to work inside and outside, in temperatures that may reach 100 degrees F (seasonally/occasionally), on slippery surfaces and in inclement weather for brief periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate through speech
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
With this position comes increased responsibility and accountability. Monthly reporting will be completed and turned into Program Director explaining progress on deliverables, major accomplishments and major activities planned for the next month. Major accomplishments are considered those items which are not listed in the above job description but items that show an increase in numbers and positive purposeful changes in program delivery.
- Contract Position
- Full Time
- 1 Year
*Compensation based on experience
*No benefits available at this time
*Remote within region and ideally based in one of our 9 cities
To apply: Email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com